F.H. Furr is proud to partner with numerous charities and organizations throughout our area and the DMV. We wanted to take the chance to educate our readers about them and the work that they do!
Northern Virginia Family Service (NVFS) is an organization based out of Oakton, VA that has been helping families across Northern Virginia since 1924! Every year they help more than 34,000 people in our area! They have quite the range of services available to help the many needs of everyone in our communities!
Here are a few fun facts about their services:
- Their Hunger Resource Center and Anti-Hunger Programs provide food assistance to over 600 Prince William County families every single month!
- They have three homeless shelters set up in our local area and also help those in need with re-housing! This assistance includes everything from the shelters to rental assistance and home ownership courses!
- They assist with child placement and foster care planning for parents and the children that need a home!
- They are one of the largest providers of health care access including prescription help, medical assistance and mental health assistance!
- The provide assistance including consultations and representation for cases relating to immigration at low cost to residents of the local area.
- Their Healthy Families program provides free services including family goal planning, parenting education and school readiness activities among others!
- Their workforce development program is set up to help low-income individuals achieve professional success!
NVFS has been recognized nationally for many of their programs and efforts. Their 15 area locations ensure that as many members of local communities are helped as much as possible!
In 2016, F.H. Furr was a proud “Silver Spoon” sponsor of their Empty Bowls event. NVFS hosted the event to educate the community about hunger in our area. We look forward to partnering with NVFS in the future!
To find out more about NVFS, you can visit their website HERE!